Saturday, August 30, 2008

1 down, 5 to go

Wow, I really don't feel like 1/6 of my third year of medical school is already over. But IT IS!! I'm excited to be finished with my first rotation - that being psychiatry. It was really not for me. I could handle the outpatient care just fine, but acutely ill schizophrenics and other psychotic patients were not my favorite. I have decided that I need to do a much better job of studying during my other rotations. That good ol' type A-perfectionistic-slightly-obsessed-med-student personality makes you kick yourself when you don't feel like you know as much as you should in a given topic. Oh well! I'm pretty sure for the rest of the time I get to write "psych consult" and be done with it. Other than those PCPs that like to try to manage depression themselves...argg!

On another note, I finally sold my Monte Carlo! YAY! I even got close to what I wanted for it. Now I need to buy the new toys I want to keep my Santa Fe nice...but I should probably wait until my slacker loan company decides to cough up the money that I needed back at the beginning of July. *sigh*

No comments: