Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jeans and "the" Match

Well, I've finally made it back to the blog after being sucked into the abyss that was my surgery rotation and internal medicine rotation. I still agree with my previous assessment- that I love the OR. Surgery was much better than OB/GYN - hours were just as long, or longer - but still amazing. Many of my friends commented on how happy I was. I had found my nitch. Internal medicine is ...well...over. During this time, I put on my jeans at some point and realized how amazing jeans can be! Constantly wearing scrubs or clinic attire didn't really "bother" me, but I forgot how awesome it can feel to put on a pair of JEANS.

Today was Match Day for all the MSIV's across the country. Why this was nerve-racking for me? - I can't explain. I was nervous for some of my friends. Then I think it also occured to me that this life changing day is only a year away for me now. That's scary. A lot happens between now and then.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what's match day? and what's msiv? yay for being happy! :)

Virginie M. said...

I'm really glad that you found a specialty that makes you enjoy. That's awesome.

Stephanie Baker said...

Match Day is an interesting concept. This is the day when MSIV's (4th year med students) find out where they are going for their residency.

The "match" is in reference to some mysterious computer program out there that looks at all the applicants preferences for how they ranked the programs they interviewed at, as well as how the programs rank all the applicants they interviewed. The computer generates the match list trying to make many people happy.