Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mean people

I'd like to think that people are not intentionally mean. I guess some people are, but I guess I've learned how to avoid most of them or I've learned not to let them bother me.

Then there are the people that you let get close to you, either by choice (friends and relationships) or not (family). In some very wrong way, these people can be meaner than the ones that you don't even know. Why that is the case? I don't know. Maybe you've given them the right by allowing them into your life. If that's true, then I can only see that you get hurt due to your own stupidity.

If only I had a lifetime supply of cream pies to throw in faces of all the mean people I ever had to deal with. I wouldn't feel any smarter, but I would at least feel better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

V's quite the blogging evangelist, isn't she?

On the topic of your post, isn't it sad how that works. It's like once you know someone really well and are comfortable with them, you decide it's ok to stop being polite...which sometimes comes out as outright mean. I know I'm that way with Corey sometimes, and I hate that.