Saturday, July 26, 2008

The move


Recently, one of the more exciting events in my life was moving to a new city. I was very delighted to move to a place that has mountains after two years of living in the Great Plains region. I also thought it would be neat to get to live in a desert climate for awhile.

Well since moving to El Paso, it has rained almost daily. It's irronic when you get to watch the desert turn green in front of your eyes. I was amused this morning to look out my windows and notice that the Franklin Mountains had been eaten by the rain clouds for two reasons: 1) for the past 2 years, I have not been able to see "ground" without actively looking down, and 2) I moved to the desert.

Who knew that hurricanes could have this kind of effect on the desert?

1 comment:

Virginie M. said...

Yay! I'm glad you decided to join the blogger world! It's quite fun. I'll be glad to read your posts.